Albany 8J > Clover Ridge Elementary School
Inclement Weather Procedures for Parents:
Where do you look to see if school is closed or not during extreme weather conditions?
1. GAPS District Web Page: www.albany.k12.or.us/delaysclosures.php
2. Get a direct text to your cell phone when you sign up for FlashAlert
at www.flashalert.net (Highly Recommended)
3. The radio and television stations that are notified of school closures by FlashAlert are:
FM Radio Stations: AM Radio Stations: Television Stations:
KEHK FM 102.3
KFLY FM 101.5
KKNU FM 93.1
KLOO FM 106.3
KOOL FM 99.1
KRKT FM 99.9
KSND FM 95.1 (Spanish)
KFIR AM 720
KGAL AM 1580
KLOO AM 1340
KSHO AM 920
KWBY AM 940 (Spanish)
KATU Chan 2
KEZI Chan 9
KGW Chan 8
KLSR Chan 34
KMTR Chan 16
KOIN Chan 6
KVAL Chan 13
*The television channel may vary according to listening area
Closure/delay information will be ordinarily broadcast by 6:30 a.m.
We will try to post closure information on facebook but it is not a guaranteed source of closure information before 7:00 a.m.
Time is precious for everyone
We all have busy schedules and sometimes what seems easy for our schedule isn't easy for other person's schedule.
Just "dropping by" or "quick questions" usually take longer than expected and take away from valuable and much needed preparation and/or planning time for our staff.
If you would like meet with a staff member please make an appointment or prearrange your visit.
NEW STUDENT Registration Requirements:
1. Current Oregon Driver's License/I.D. with address matching student's address
2. Proof of home residence (Utility bill mailed to you within the last 30 days with service address matching student's address)
3. All forms in registration packet completed and signed by parent/guardian of student
4. Legal custody documents (if applicable)
5. IF NEW TO SCHOOL DISTRICT please also bring:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of completed immunization record
Click here for Supply List
Returning Clover Ridge Students:
1. If you did not register your student this past spring please come in to complete a new registration card.
2. If any information has changed since your spring registration please come in to change this information.
As always, if you have any registration questions please give us a call, we'll be happy to help.
About Clover Ridge:
Clover Ridge Elementary is a sister school of Timber Ridge forming a K-8:
- Clover Ridge Elementary serves Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders.
- Students in grades 3-8 attend Timber Ridge.
Clover Ridge Elementary Vision Statement:
- High quality instruction.
- High levels of learning for all.
- Collaborative staff.
Clover Ridge will embrace a "Growth Mindset" [Dweck, C., 2006] while preparing students for the future. With a focus on wellness and stewardship we will ensure that every member of the learning community feels as though they belong and are respected. We will do this by inspiring a love of learning with compassion and committing to community inclusion.
Our vision is comprised of two big ideas:
- We will provide high quality instruction to ensure high levels of learning for all students.
- We will operate as a team.
For more about our School Vision, click here.
How can I get involved? WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
Clover Ridge Elementary will have needs for many parent volunteers throughout the year.
Please email us or contact the PTC to find out how to get involved.