about using PIV
Spring Break March 23-27
Our office will be closed most of the time during break. We will be open Monday and Tuesday morning from 8-11. Have a great break! School starts again on Monday, March 30.
Register for Track
Registration forms are available in the display rack outside the office! Cost is $35. Parents of students on free or reduced meals can ask for a scholarship. 7th and 8th grade students are required to have a physical every two years. Forms are available in the office to take to doctor. Track practice starts March 30.
Spring Pictures coming April 2!
All 8th graders will be photographed for their promotion certificate. The 8th grade class picture will be taken right after lunch at 12:35. Pictures are optional for 6th and 7th graders. Photographs will be taken during PE.
Spring Fling Craft Fair
Inclement Weather Information
When you wake up and snow is coming down, how do you know if school will be closed? Check the Inclement Weather Notification document for information on what TV and radio stations will provide closure information, a link to our district webpage, and information about signing up for Flash Alert to receive an email or text message with closure information.
Donate and Dedicate a Tree
With a $65 tax deductible donation, our students will plant a fruit tree in the orchard courtyard & include a plaque with an inscription/dedication of your choosing. Contact the office or Ms. Marquet if you are interested.
This year's academic calendar is online. You can always see our most up to date calendar by clicking "Calendar" on the menu (at left).
"Like" us on Facebook!
That's right, MMS has our own Facebook page, and we frequently post status updates to share the latest news! Click Facebook to go to our page.
You can log into your student's Mealtime account to check their balance and also make payments! Just go to the Mealtime link. You will need your student's ID number, the same number you use to log in to Pinnacle minus the zero in front.
Our School Is Proud To Offer...
- Web Mentors - Eighth-graders help sixth-graders make the transition into middle school
- Computer Lab - Computer labs available for all students.
- Leadership & Community Service - Students organize social events and community service projects for the student body and community.
- Yearbook - Students design and produce our annual yearbook.
Parents Are Our Partners
- Parent Teacher Club - Meets monthly, and sponsors school activities and fund raising events.
- Site Council - Parents work with teachers, administrators and support staff to strengthen the instructional program.
- Chaperones- Parent volunteers supervise field trips, activities and dances.
- Parent Callers - Call the home when a student is absent.
Our Extracurricular Programs
We have the following school activities:
- Battle of the Books
- Gardening and Orchard
- Web Mentor
Team sports are offered through the Albany Boys & Girls Club.
Built in 1963, Memorial Middle School is proudly educating its second generation of Albany children. Located on a 53-acre campus near the city's historic downtown, Memorial serves children from Central, Liberty, Takena and Tangent elementary schools.
Click here for more information about Memorial Middle School's history.