Oak Grove Elementary School
EEK! Not only have we had web page issues, but our mailing to all families "got lost in the mail"! Meet & Greet is scheduled for Thursday, August 25, at 3:00. The class lists will remain posted throughout the weekend for those of you who cannot join us at this time. Hope to see you all Thursday!
Dear Oak Grove Elementary Parents/Guardians:
It is with great enthusiasm and excitement that I welcome you and your family to the Oak Grove school community! As your new Principal, I am eager to get to know the students and families. All of us at Oak Grove are looking forward to working with you and your children to make this academic year a dynamic experience for all of our kids. I am very humbled and honored to be in the position of encouraging and affecting the lives of children and parents in a positive way. I invite you to be part of an amazing year, working together to help our children reach their potential.
Listed below are the major activities associated with the beginning of the new school year. I sincerely hope that you and your family can join us for these events, as they help set the stage for a successful educational journey for both students and parents.
- Thursday, August 28th, is the traditional “Meet and Greet” from 3:00 – 4:00 PM. It is at this time that families:
- Will find the placements for their children (posted at the office), have a brief opportunity to visit the classroom, drop off their supplies, and meet their teacher.
- K-2 parents will confirm where/how their child will be transported after school during the first week.
- This is designed to be a short visit, with specific curriculum questions and class rules being discussed at a future date (see “Curriculum Night” below).
- Tuesday, September 2nd, is the first day of school for students in grades 1-5! Our starting time is 8:55 AM and we dismiss at 3:35 PM. Bus route information is available online via the District’s website (www.albany.k12.or.us). If your child did not ride the bus in the last 2 weeks of school last year please contact the bus garage at 541-967-4626 to ensure they are on a route this year.
- Kindergarten interviews will take place Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, September 2nd-5th. Kindergarten students will start attending classes on Monday, September 8th. AM Class will meet from 8:45 – 11:20 and PM class from 12:30 - 3:35. We will host the “Kinder Coffee” social at the start of class the first day to help parents/guardians let go on that special day!
- Curriculum Night. It is at this event that teachers will discuss what will be going on in their classrooms during the year, review class rules, and address volunteer opportunities. It is scheduled for Thursday, September 4th. K-2 will meet 6:00-6:30 PM, 3-5th grade 6:45-7:15 PM. Between the sessions I will give a brief overview of the school in the gym. This is a parent only event.
- Friday, September 12th, is the Ice Cream Social at the school from 5:30-7:00 PM. This is a great time for the whole family. The event will also serve as the kickoff for our first major fundraiser, organized by the Parent-Teacher Club.
Once again, welcome to Oak Grove Elementary! I am thrilled to be here and become a part of the Oak Grove family. If you have any questions, please feel free to call either myself or Office Manager Pat Walton at 967-4596. My staff and I are eagerly awaiting the start of a fantastic school year with you and your children!
Together we… Challenge, Advance skills, Responsibly involve, & Enable success.
Schools, families, and community: Working together to prepare students for our future.