Pinnacle Internet Viewer
Parent Access to Student Grades Using Pinnacle Internet Viewer (PIV)
PIV is a "portal" that enables parents/guardians to view information on their student's grades. Click on the button below to log into the PIV.
About Pinnacle Internet Viewer
Pinnacle Internet Viewer (PIV) lets you securely view and monitor your Timber Ridge student's grades and/or assignment information using an internet browser and your own login and password.
PIV features an e-mail notification option. This lets you choose which reports or notifications you would like to receive and how often you would like to receive them. For example, you can choose a standard grade report to be sent to you every Monday via e-mail. You can also select an option that enables you to receive an e-mail notification when any grade goes above or below a set value that you choose.
How to Sign Up
For new accounts you must do so in person during regular office hours. For security purposes a photo ID is required.
You will receive a letter containing your login and password. Please keep your letter in a safe place to refer to in case you forget your login or password, otherwise you will have to visit the school in person to retrieve this information.
PIV information is specific only to a given student ID and password. It is the obligation of the viewer to know the proper student ID and password for the selected school site. NOTE: Timber Ridge School's login and password are confidential. Upon verification that a PIV login or password has been compromised, access through that account will be disabled by the principal.
PIV Guidelines and Expectations: - for parents
- Keep in mind that, although our goal is to be accurate at all times, this resource represents a new form of communication and, as such, the possibility for errors does exist. Grades and attendance data shown represent a “snapshot in time” and are subject to change on an hourly basis.
- The PIV service is not meant to replace direct communication between students/parents/teachers or other school staff members. If you have any questions about any of the information, please discuss them with your child first. Then check the teacher’s grading policy before having your child discuss it with his/her teacher(s). If you need further clarification, please contact the appropriate teacher.
- Grading and entering scores from assignments and assessments takes time! Please realize that teachers will update their grade book on a weekly basis. Grades will be most current as of Noon every Thursday. Some assignments are long term projects, such as essays and other writing assignments, and may take a week or more to score and be entered. By contract, teachers are obligated to communicate the progress of a student every six weeks. However, PIV offers a more updated "snapshot" form of communication.
- If you notice a grade inaccuracy, remember that teachers are constantly upgrading their grade books, so this may be corrected almost immediately. No grade is final until the report card is printed. The grade on the report card is the grade that will be posted to the student transcript.
- You may check Pinnacle attendance at the end of the day to verify your student’s absence.
- If you have called in to excuse an absence, please be advised that, if changed, this may take up to three (3) days to appear in the Pinnacle Internet Viewer.
- If you use the automated unexcused absence email notification option, please understand that students who are tardy may initially be marked absent, which will generate an email notification. Also, due to timing issues, your phoned-in excuse to the attendance office may not be entered in the system prior to the start of class, also generating an email notification.